noun: a form of public art and expression
The Art on a Can Contest is a celebration of the dynamic energy urban graffiti/street art offers through its craftsmanship and unique beauty with innovative use of shipping containers to connect to our ‘hip’ community.
This year will be our 1stAnnual Hot Cars and Hot Dogs Car Show and Pet Adoption event and we are looking to showcase graffiti/street art at Box Office Warehouse Suites; our business park in the Fort Worth Design District, made entirely of shipping containers, where art and business connect.
FortWorth Design District, a district owned by Ron Sturgeon Real Estate,invites urban street artists to participate in the Art on a Can Contest. Participants will compete for a $1000.00 grand prize. 3 artists will be chosen to create a 7.5 x 20-foot mural on container walls in the Fort Worth Design District.
Contest will be judged by (3 judges, TBD). Artists interested need to submit an application by Friday, August 23, 2019.
The Art on a Can Contest is a fine art juried competition open to all visual artists, from novice to professional.
- Mural should cover about half of the container wall (approximately 20 feet.)
- The artwork must be inspirational, entertaining, informative, and positive.
- Sexual, insulting or derogative images or content are NOT allowed.
Aug 23 – Entry deadline
Aug 26 – Three contestants announced
Aug 27 to Sept 8 – Work time for participating artists
Sept 9-11 – Judges deliberation
Sept 13 – Winners notified
Sept 14 –1stAnnual Hot Cars and Hot Dogs Car Show and Pet Adoption event
3 Chosen Participating Artists will receive:
- $250 for materials paid by one of our sponsors.
- $250 at the time of completion.
- An individualized press release on PR 24/7 wire account prepared by Eric Anderson, a professional writer.
- Visibility on Fort Worth Design District Instagram
- Visibility on Fort Worth Design District Facebook
- The murals created by the three chosen artists will be showcased during the 1stAnnual Hot Cars and Hot Dogs Car Show and Pet Adoption event on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
We would like to give a special thanks to the following sponsors for supporting the Art on a Can Contest:
Fort Worth Design District