ART CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS:
Graffiti will be done on walls of shipping containers with spray paint cans with special tips and markers or other approvedmethods. No glass scratching is allowed. Nothing that would damage the property is allowed and if performed will be disqualified.
ART CONTEST ENTRIES:
- Only original works of art will be allowed.
- Entries containing discriminatory content, gang names, or insignia will be disqualified.
- Art should be weatherproofed to last as long as possible on the shipping containers.
- Once submitted, all entries, become the property of Ron Sturgeon Real Estate LP.
- Entries to participate must be received no laterthan Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Applications and documents can either be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: Art on a Can Contest
Ron Sturgeon Real Estate LP
5940 Eden Dr.
Haltom City, Texas 76117
Criteria For Judging:
- Color –Judges will be looking to see how well the artist used color to make their pieces.
- Originality – Judges are looking for something new and different. The artist’s style must be unique.
- Technique –This is where we consider the artist can take control. What the artist does with technique will set their piece apart from the rest.
- The completed murals will be judged by a juried panel.
- Judges score each criterion 1-10, with 10 being the highest. Scores are totaled for each painter, and then all the judges’ scores are added together. In case of a tie, judges must deliberate and pick a winner.
- Judges can award a zero if the artist broke a rule.
- Incomplete paintings and incorrectly spelled words are disqualified.
- Judges are chosen by the organizer.
- Decision by the judges is final. There is no appeal process.
The Fine Print:
All entries become the property of Box Office Warehouse Suites and may be used by Box Office Warehouse Suites or Fort Worth Design District in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for non-commercial and commercial purposes alike. Artists retain rights to use the images of the art as they see fit with attribution to the contest when appropriate. Artist agrees to sign Waiver of Rights Pursuant to the Visual Artists Rights Act.
Aug 23 – Entry deadline
Aug 26 – Three contestants announced
Aug 27 to Sept 8 – Work time for participating artists
Sept 9-11 – Judges deliberation
Sept 13 – Winners notified
Sept 14 –1stAnnual Hot Cars and Hot Dogs Car Show and Pet Adoption event
***Rules, regulations, terms & schedules are subject to change without notice.